Monday, October 25, 2010

Where did my sweet baby go?

Davis has been 18 months for three weeks, but my goodness something has changed in this little guy!

We've gone from waving good-bye and screeching with excitement when going to "school" or the church nursery, to a bottom lip bending toward the chin and huge crocodile tears.  Mealtimes have never been the best part of the day, but we definitely could get through a meal without a trip to the bathroom for a "talk".  We've gone from wanting to be in the same room as Daddy to wanting to be as tucked into his lap as humanly possible.  Periodic meltdowns were expected throughout the week before, now I would classify them as consistent and daily.  Testing limits seems to be a new game, one that Mom & Dad do not like to participate in.

Three weeks into the second half of Davis' second year, well, I can definitely say I am finally learning how to be confrontational and practice patience!

We have entered the phase of a child's life where they are experiencing an overwhelming urge to be independent, express their opinions, but still need to know that Mom & Dad are right there.  Poor little guy, I know it's a lot all at once.  I hope it gets easier for him, but I am sure it is going to get a little worse before it gets better. 

Now I know where grey hair comes from!

1 comment: