Friday, November 19, 2010

Baseball to Ballet Recitals

Yesterday, Jared and I travelled to Dallas for my regular OB appointment and the mid-pregnancy perinatal appointment, aka The Big Reveal.

We had not found out the gender with Davis, so the thought that we were actually going to know the gender of this little one when we left was a bit overwhelming for me.  But adding to my emotions was that I really took health for granted when I was pregnant with Davis.  "Of course he would be healthy," spoke my naivety as we went for the perinatal appointment the last time around.  Now that he's here and I realize more and more how miraculous the whole creation is and that health is not certain, I could not help but be anxious to hear the health stats of the newest little one.

Praise the Lord, we have another healthy, strong baby coming our way!  With every check of the baby, I could not help but just be overwhelmingly thankful to the Lord, which of course meant the slow flow of tears. 

It is such a strange moment for the question to be asked, "Do you want to know the gender of your baby?"  It felt like an eternity for me to spit out the words that we in fact do.  When the tech said, "It's a girl," it felt like such a surreal moment.  Surreal that there was a confirmation, that we actually had an insight about this little one.  And the tears began to flow hard...

Praise the Lord for the blessing of two healthy children and for the miracle of their being!

So, here we go...baseball games to ballet recitals!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am so glad everyone is healthy :) You will have fun being a boy's mama and a girl's mama -- and, yes, the jobs are quite different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! sooo fun! Davis will be a good big brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am literally crying after reading this! You are so right; our children's health is such a precious gift! I am so excited for you to have a little girl! They are so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Courtney. Girls are sooooo fun! :) And I agree, I often take for granted the health of Hannah.

    ReplyDelete