Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Bug, The Gurgs, and Another Bug

What a week! And what a strange blog title! Here is the explanation...

The First Bug
After I had put Davis down for his morning nap on Thursday, I walked by our computer to find what the dreaded news. Pop-ups were going everywhere, flashes of the scary text of "Data about to be lost", and "adult female entertainment" icons were staring at me from the monitor.

I absolutely panicked! I had been saying how I needed to back up our computer. But, like the junk drawer in our utility room, I had completely procrastinated on it. I had no one to blame but myself for my panic, but I couldn't help myself. Over 3000 pictures and all of my nerdy spreadsheets potentially gone...AAHHH!!!

The Geek Squad at Best Buy was able to save my data and restore my computer (only after completing wiping off my hard drive) for the lovely price of $300. But worth every penny to get my data back.

So that was Bug #1 that attacked the Green Household.

The Gurgs
We had been counting down the days to have our beloved "Gurgs" at our house since, well... probably since we moved to Tyler in July. Sadly, it has taken us until this past Friday for us to get our house ready for guests, for both families not to have plans, and for both of the kiddos to be healthy. That's just life. Things get so busy. But we were so ready! I think Carroll and I called each other a half of a dozen times throughout the week.

Casey, Carroll, and sweet Anna arrived on Friday afternoon about 3:30. Davis was super happy to see Anna and took a particular liking to "Uncle Casey".

It was such a fun time! We just hung out and did what families of babies do. We watched them play, giggled, and talked about how sweet they are. In all seriousness, they are our very dearest friends and we miss how often we hung out together when we lived in Dallas. This weekend was great and we cannot wait to have a trip to their new home!

Pictures to come... after I download some software to restore the mess the "first bug" caused to our computer.

The Second Bug
Davis started getting sick on Saturday just as the Gurgs pulled out of town (thankfully for them). Poor baby...the ol' stomach bug hit. It was not pretty and very heartbreaking.

Saturday night - the bug found me. I finally was able to go to sleep about 4 am. Thankfully, Jared took care of little man Sunday morning so I could rest.

Lunchtime on Sunday - the bug found its way to Jared. I think it had gained some super powers by the time it hit Jared. Bless his heart, I think he probably got it the worst of all.

Fast forward to Wednesday - Jared was still sick and Davis still was getting sick with each bottle. What a week! Praise God, I had somehow been pulled together to take care of my men.

Thursday is here and while we are thankful Jared has recovered, Davis now has been running fever for about 24 hours and has a cough. Poor little guy... Lots of loving is the trick. And as they say, this too shall pass.

Here is to a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment