Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Choose to Believe

I sat down for my quiet fellowship with the Lord today and prayed that He would bring to light an area of my life that I had not been addressing. And that He did!

Unbelief. I am going though a Bible study that discusses how to break free and live the life that God intended. Today's message: the sin of unbelief.

Unbelief being a sin, really? Worshipping other gods, adultery, murder - that I get. But I had never thought about unbelief being a sin. But the more I thought and looked into it, the connection made more sense and the prevalence in my life was revealed.

God really put in on my heart that unbelief in Him is actually a form of pride, and I was acting on it several times a day. When we doubt that He can do what He in fact can, that we in our "infinite knowledge" have it figured out more than Him, we are reflecting our own pride. We are showing that we believe our own opinion of the matter to be superior to the Lord's by choosing to disbelieve.

It was a pretty big boulder for me. And I am thankful that the Lord revealed it to me today as He also revealed to me that I can choose to correct this behavior. To quote Beth Moore, "Belief is not a feeling. It's a choice." The pen took over and I started to write down several "I choose to believe" statements.

I choose to believe!

2 comments: