Sunday, August 22, 2010

Angels

The Lord sends us angels in a variety of forms.  Sometimes they are messengers, some are guardians, and some are fairies.

Our family has our own personal fairy.  My mom's best friend, Fairy, is quite simply amazing.  I have known this for the past 20 years, but I've really seen and learned it more and more over the past few days.  Fairy has been by my mom's side a lot over the past few days while my mom recovers from back surgery. And I find myself continually thanking the Lord for her, and just being amazed by her loving friendship. 

Fairy is so generous, positive, and just plain fun.  She can put anyone in a good mood, guaranteed.  Fairy dose not take excuses.  You are going to see the positive, no other option.

My mom and Fairy have done a ton of things together.  Countless shopping trips with hilarious tales, craft projects that go way through the night, watched movies that they knew their husbands wouldn't want to...  But Fairy has also been by Mom's side through a particularly tough year.  But I was so heartwarmingly speechless (is that even a phrase?) to see Fairy, once again, so enthusiastically and selflessly be there for Mom again this weekend. 

It does not surprise me.  I mean I know that is what friends do for one another.  And after all, there is a 20 year history of how Fairy displays her love.  But I just can't explain how it felt to realize that the Lord sends us angels through friendships, through fairies. 

Lord, thank you for Fairy.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."  1 Thessalonians 5:11

1 comment:

  1. I meant to ask you yesterday how your mom is doing. How is she?

    ReplyDelete