Thursday, August 12, 2010

We are family, I got all my cousins (well two of them) with me

It is extremely hard to find someone on my mom's side of the family that is not F-U-N (must be spelled for proper emphasis).  My mom's mom's side of the family is from Louisiana.  They are all full of life, laugh, and just down right hilarious.  That side of the family tree is all close and really do a great job of staying connected and seeing one another.  This past weekend, we had our pretty much annual reunion with a couple of favorite cousins.

Mom, Donna, and Jude are all first cousins.  So, that makes them my second cousins?  Not sure how all of that works.  But anyway, I digress.  We went on several family vacations with Donna and family (who now live in California).  Donna has the best laugh and is amazingly laidback.  She has the most beautiful kids, who are now a sophomore in college and senior in high school - SCARY!  Donna's dad, Uncle Donald, was, and is, one of the most inspiring and influential men in my life.  Absolutely, another grandfather.  Jude is just honestly, hands down, one of the best guys you'll ever meet on the planet.  Words cannot even begin to describe him.  His nieces (my third cousins??  genealogical help please!) are close to my age so I call him, what they do, Uncle Jude.  With us all having kids, he has decided to go by Jude, the Uncle or Uncle Jude, the Great.

Donna and Jude drove to Palestine so that we could all get together.  We were only able to stay for the day, so it felt too short.  But it was such a treat to see them.

Davis and I with Uncle Jude, the Great

Picture time with Donna (Uncle Jude thought the Memories and bouquet were a must for the picture :) )
They are so great about making the rounds to see family.  And they really remind and inspire me to get out and do the same.  Donna, Jude - be expecting some house calls from the Greens soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment