Thursday, January 13, 2011

10, 9, 8, 7...

The countdown is on! 

In less than 10 weeks (9 weeks on Monday), Miss Adelyn will be making her grand debut!  We are all scheduled for a March 21st birthday.  She'll be about a month early, like her brother, but are thrilled to be able to take advantage of a round of steroid shots this time to accelerate lung development.  We are so excited to meet little Adelyn and for Davis to show off his big brother skills.  But in the meantime, Mama needs to get in gear!!

The big to-do:
- Davis needs to be moved to his big boy room (although we're not ditching the crib).  And that means, finish painting, shopping, organizing, and decorating.
- Adelyn's room needs to be prepared.  Which entails finishing the baby bedding (no, no, I didn't dare try, my sweet mom is :) ), recovering a chair, painting, shopping, organizing, and decorating.
- Break out and clean the baby gear, and lots of washing of clothes, blankets, etc.
- MAJOR house deep clean
- Freezing meals - 'cause this lady knows she won't have much time to cook for a while...
- Buy a new car.  The ol' Honda has treated us well, but with two bambinos, it's time for some more cargo space.

Goal is to have pretty much everything done by the end of February so that March can be devoted to relaxing and some fun family-of-three time.

Here's to turning up some tunes, rolling up sleeves, and getting some mad work done during Mother's Day Out days!!!  The countdown is on!!!

2 comments:

  1. We are less than 5 weeks away and I am in the middle of our MAJOR house deep clean right now. I've also been freezing meals. Once a week I double something that I am making for us and do it in a foil pan to freeze. So I guess we are on the same page. I really love this part. I know it's a lot of work, but you are getting ready for your BABY! I am so glad to hear that the doctors will be able to accelerate the lung development. I hope that will make her transition into the world a little easier than Davis'. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CANNOT believe it is 9 weeks!!!!! SO excited and can't wait to meet Miss Adelyn!! I love her already!

    ReplyDelete