Monday, January 24, 2011

A Room for a Little Girl

I am so, so thankful for the amazingly generous, kind, creative and resourceful (especially because I am not) people on my life!  Little did I know that while we headed to Dallas this weekend for sweet Anna's 2nd birthday party, my mom and her creative team (my dad, my grandmother, and Fairy) were busy working on Adelyn's room.  My mom had gotten with Jared and planned on having Adelyn's room put together (for the most part) by the time we got home on Sunday. 

Plans changed and we came back on Saturday evening after Anna came down with a bug.  But I couldn't help but get teary-eyed with thankfulness when my mom called and told me what their plans were for the next day.  Even though it would not be a big revealing surprise, it was so special that my parents came over on Sunday and put together Adelyn's room. 

While Miss A's room won't be 100% done for a couple of weeks (some pictures are being re-framed, a chair being recovered, etc.), I just couldn't wait to brag on the handiwork that was created by my sweet family.

Sweet Adelyn's bedding, lovingly made by Mom, with the help of Grandmommy



Cornice (Dad's creation) and curtains (again from Mom and Grandmommy)



This awesome shelf/decor/blanket holder (the uses are endless) was made by Fairy for some crazy number, like $20




Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your hard work!  I could not imagine a more beautiful room for this little girl!  Cannot wait to see the 100% finished product in a couple of weeks!

5 comments:

  1. I love this! So beautiful and what a thoughtful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, I LOVE IT! I think every little detail is perfect! How thoughtful of your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this! You certainly have some creative people in your life. Her room is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete